The Hamilton-Wentworth Elementary Teachers’ Local is comprised of approximately 2,200 Elementary Teachers employed by the Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board. HWETL is an affiliate of the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario and as such is a professional organization dedicated to safeguarding and advancing the cause of publicly funded education while advocating for the interests and well being of its members. HWETL is also a labour union determined to secure and maintain fair and reasonable collective bargaining rights for its members. HWETL strives for membership involvement, while providing professional and personal services for all Hamilton-Wentworth Elementary Teachers. Recognizing and respecting diversity allows this organization to act as a unified body to fulfill its mandate of service for all members and the community.
We are located at:
105 Nebo Road
Hamilton Ontario L8W 2E1
Office Manager: Ursula Vander Ploeg
- Click on “News” for the latest on recent and upcoming events!
The 2013 HWETL Collective Bargaining Committee (CBC) has been formed in accordance with the Hamilton-Wentworth Elementary Teachers Collective Bargaining Committee Operating Procedures and Terms of Reference 2013
The HWETL CBC is comprised of the following HWETL Members:
· Jeff Sorenson (HWETL President)
· Paula Walker (HWETL Chief Negotiator)
· Heather Aggus Adeney (Dr. Davey/HWETL Executive)
· Melissa Dalley (CH Bray/HWETL Steward)
· Karen Hammond (Memorial City School/HWETL Treasurer)
· Vicki Pearce (Mountview/HWETL Executive)
· Jacqueline Phillips (Mary Hopkins/HWETL Steward)